Celebrating the craft of hairdressing.
The team at Mane salon are committed to building a sustainable salon and taking action to reduce, re-use, recycle in every which way we can! Our planet needs to be cleaner and greener for future generations and we are dedicated to doing our bit.
Our salon has a quirky and cute fit-out, combining fixtures and fittings made by local students with recycled and retro treasures found in op-shops, online and even donated by some of our nana’s!
We are super proud to be a Kevin.Murphy salon. Our Kevin.Murphy products and Color.Me range are paraben free, sulphate free and not tested on animals, and we are 100% aligned with the brand philosophy “the choices we make”.
THE HEART OF KEVIN.MURPHY has a sole purpose to fund charities that are close to our hearts and are in need of help, focusing on both human and environmental issues.
So just how do we reduce, re-use, recycle? These are a few of the things the team at Mane do everyday to be a sustainable green salon of the future
- 100% of our tin foil and colour tubes are recycled and we also use recycled foil in the salon
- All food scraps are composted
- When it comes to hair colouring, we strive to minimise our wastage and chemical impact
- We use Bio Towels as they have a lower impact on the environment
- Our shampoo basins are fitted with Eco Heads
- We use 100% recycled paper for admin and pacakaging. all paper and cardboard is recycled
- Our cleaning products are eco friendly or homemade
- We re use our product packaging for plants and hair tool containers
- We turn of all residual electricity and use eco bulbs for all lighting
- Invoices and bills are electronic
- We car pool, use public transport and cycle
- Cardboard boxes or re-usable bags are used when we do our salon supply shopping
- To minimise packaging we buy our salon supplies in bulk
- Magazines are donated to the hospital and after hours medical centre
- We aim to have 1 rubbish bag a month by implementing our zero waste systems of recycling, re-using and composting
- In salon plants are chosen for their ability to keep the air clean and absorb pollutants
- We donate monthly to WWF
- The brands we stock are ethically and environmentally conscientious
WASTE NOT WANT NOT